Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Toy Boat by Randall de Seve

One of our family favorites!! I have used this for illustrating how encouragement can be so important for girls to do with one another by focusing on the fishing boat circling the toy boat and just being there with him during his struggle to return to the boy.  1 Thessalonians 5:11 says "Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."

Upon my latest reading with Dax for a homework assignment, he correlated it to a theme of "freedom within boundaries". As long as the boat stayed within a safe distance of the boy, he could sail freely while being safe also.  So I included in our discussion a reading of 1 Corinthians 10:23 "'Everything is permissible" - but not everything is beneficial.  'Everything is permissible' - but not everything is constructive." (Galatians 5:13) I want to add Matthew 11:29-30 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

No comments:

Post a Comment