Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Corduroy by Don Freeman

I adore this bear!! There are so many associations in the pages of this tale. I will touch on a few. Our attempts to work for grace (Ephesians 2:8)is similar to Corduroy hunting his button to cover his damage.  Christ redeeming us ( Gal 3:14; Gal 4:5;Psalm 103:4; Psalm 49:15) can be discussed after watching Lisa use her savings to buy Corduroy. Jesus loving us in our current condition and moving us to Christlikeness cloaked in his righteousness (Col 1:21-22; Hebrews 4:14-16- so much of Hebrews about our "High Priest" reconciling us) can be illustrated by Lisa's repairing Corduroy's shoulder strap.

What stirs me from Corduroy is his journey through the department store and into Lisa's presence. On the escalator, he thinks; in the home department, he guesses; at home with her, he KNOWS. In this world we "think" we want and then we get and it disappoints, we "guess" we want and it fails to deliver, but in Heaven we will KNOW it is where we have wanted to be all along!

"And if I go to prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am."- John 14:3



"For he (Abraham) was looking forward to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is God." -Hebrews 11:10  2 Cor 5:8

No comments:

Post a Comment